HOW SAFE ARE YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR FRIENDS?
If you are not sure of the answer, then join us at Kent County’s 15th Annual Safe Summer Day mega health & safety event of the year scheduled for Saturday, June 15 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Kent County’s Brecknock Park, Camden, Delaware. This event will bring many safety and health professionals together with a number of “good time” specialists to ensure the community has a great start for the summer season.
Safe Summer Day 2013 offers four hours of interactive health and safety education, live demonstrations of law enforcement, fire fighter, rescue, paramedic, and military activities. Many services will be provided such as car seat checks, basic medical screenings, and answers to many safety and health questions.
Along with the many adult activities, inflatable bouncers, pony rides, in-hand fire hose “target-practice”, free bicycle raffle, dunking-booth, dialing 911 for practice, and much more are available for the children. Food will be available for a fee. The best part is the event is FREE.
Come out to the event and discover the answers to the following questions:
• Is your child’s car seat installed properly? Has it been recalled or is it the proper seat for your child?
• Do you know the best way to remove a tick?
• Ever wanted to say thank-you to those who are willing, if necessary, to give their lives for the freedom and safety of your community and nation?
• What would you do if you found a weapon or suspected explosive device? Would your children know what to do?
• How do you keep a child out of a gang?
• What are healthy ways to help your child feel calm and safe when he/she is worried?
• Your child is being bullied. What can you do?
• What are the signs of heat stroke?
If you are unable to attend the Safe Summer Day event and would still like to be a part, please consider making a donation towards the event. All donations are greatly appreciated and will be given special recognition on the day of the event.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Wayne McCarty at email@example.com, 302-744-2489 or Kim O’Malley, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 302-739-4773.