Register of Wills Office
Hon. Harold K. Brode, - Registrar
555 Bay Rd Dover, DE 19901 Rm. 113
(302) 744-2330 / Fax: (302) 735 - 3475
Office Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Mon.-Fri.
Register of Wills Function
The Register of Wills Office records wills after death and other documents pertaining to estate matters in Kent County, Delaware. The Office is responsible for overseeing the appointments of personal representatives and for administering estate proceedings. This office is also held accountable for making sure that the estate is in compliance with the Delaware law and Kent County policies. All estate matters are maintained as permanent records.
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
Appointments are necessary to open an estate, and to close the estate. You may call (302) 744-2330 to schedule an appointment.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
For Estate openings - you will need to bring with you:
- Original Will; if one exists
- Original Death Certificate
- List of assets solely owned by decedent with estimated values as of date of death.
- estimated value of Real Estate solely owned by decedent as of date of death.
- list of decedent's next of kin stating their full name, relationship and address including zip code.
For Reviewing the Inventory- Refer to the Inventory Instructions Manual.
- For reviewing the decedent inventory form refer to the inventory instruction manual found in the forms link above or as provided to you by the office staff.
For Closing an Estate- Refer to the last page of the Inventory Instructions Manual.
For additional assistance please call (302) 744-2330 or email: email@example.com